History of Ceramic Colors Wolbring
Established in 1952 as a Degussa commercial agency in the Westerwald region, Wolbring quickly developed into a reliable trading partner for ceramic colours. A success story which also made an impact beyond the region. Today, the company is one of the industry leaders in Europe. Since 1984, the family-run company Hans Wolbring has been under the management of Michael Wolbring, who belongs to the second generation of the family. In December 1991, the one-man company was transformed into a limited company (link to website), and Mr. and Ms. Wolbring became joint managing directors. The ever-growing demand from the glass industry for ceramic colours, especially for construction glass, led to the establishment of the subsidiary company Ceramic Colors Wolbring Gmbh in 2002. It is involved solely in manufacturing colour pastes for various application methods such as screen printing, application by roller, and spraying. Ceramic Colors Wolbring mixes and disperses ceramic colour powders with liquid media, and delivers them to companies in the glass industry, in particular in the field of flat glass refinement, which appreciate the individually flexible support and services provided by the family-owned company.
In January 2009, Holger Geisler joined the company. Formerly Product and Marketing Manager at Ferro with responsibility for the flat glass division, Mr. Geisler ran the company as managing partner together with Michael Wolbring until the end of 2013.
Holger Geisler has been sole managing director since 2014, while Michael Wolbring works as a consultant.